Welcome to the Tornado Sailing UK area of the ITA website. Here you will find the latest Tornado sailing news from the UK Tornado Class Association. In the UK there are a number of Tornado’s dotted around the country, many of them travel to the largest events and then come together once a year for a national championships.
Membership to the UKITA starts from as little as £30 with full ITA membership from £50. A great small price to help your class run events and help you out over the year with help and advice. Membership runs from January to December so make sure you renew as soon as you can. Each person taking part in TT events or the Nationals must be a member of the UKITA.
Discounted insurance – As a UKITA member you are entitled to a special insurance rate through Dinghy Insure, just go to their website and select ‘Tornado UKITA Members Discount Rate’. Thanks to David and his team for offering this discount.
- UK National Championships – 28th and 29th September – Whitstable Yacht Club
Other popular events with UK Tornado Sailors
- Datchet Fast Cast Open – 27th and 28th April – Datchet Water Sailing Club
- Whitstable Forts Race – 18th and 19th May – Whitstable Yacht Club
- Solent Forts Race – 8th and 9th June – Hayling Ferry Sailing Club
- Nore Race – 23rd June – Benfleet Yacht Club (most launch from Thorpe Bay YC)
- East Coast Piers Race – 6th and 7th July – Marconi Sailing Club
Need spare parts? Marstrom are no longer stocking all of the Tornado spare parts but Wolfgang at Cat Sailing has taken this on.
Ropes, Blocks, Clothing and Chandlery Items
Sailing Chandlery is the place to go for your chandlery items in the UK. Their online chandlery service can provide ropes, pulleys, shackles, sailing clothing and accessories.
Also ideal if you are looking for custom Tornado ropes including tapered kite halyards.