Welcome to the Tornado Sailing UK area of the ITA website. Here you will find the latest Tornado sailing news from the UK Tornado Class Association. In the UK there are a number of Tornado’s dotted around the country, many of them travel to the largest events and then come together once a year for a national championships.
Membership to the UKITA starts from as little as £30 with full ITA membership from £50. A great small price to help your class run events and help you out over the year with help and advice. Membership runs from January to December so make sure you renew as soon as you can. Each person taking part in TT events or the Nationals must be a member of the UKITA.
Discounted insurance – As a UKITA member you are entitled to a special insurance rate through Dinghy Insure, just go to their website and select ‘Tornado UKITA Members Discount Rate’. Thanks to David and his team for offering this discount.
- Informal tuning and racing weekend – Late May Bank Holiday at Marconi Sailing Club
- Saturday 27th – Training with Chris Rashley
- Sunday and Monday – Join in with the club racing and we’ll extract results for the winners
- National Championships – 10th and 11th June – Thorpe Bay Yacht Club
- European Championships – Italy from 18th July – View event on Facebook
- World Championships – Greece from 28th August – View event on Facebook
Other popular events with UK Tornado Sailors
- Solent Forts Race – 17th June 2017 – Hayling Ferry Sailing Club
- East Coast Piers Race – 1st and 2nd July – Marconi Sailing Club
- Whitstable Forts Race – 9th and 10th September 2017 – Whitstable Yacht Club
- Stokes Bay Cat Open – 2017 date TBC
Need spare parts? Marstrom are no longer stocking all of the Tornado spare parts but Wolfgang at Cat Sailing has taken this on.
Ropes, Blocks and Chandlery Items
Dinghy Rope is the place to go for your chandlery items in the UK. Their online chandlery service can provide ropes, pulleys, shackles, Zhik clothing and accessories.