The Nautical club of Thessaloniki hosted the 2018 Tornado Hellenic Championship 23-25 of November.
Very light wind conditions of maximum 7 knots let only 3 races be completed, all on the first day of the event (Friday).
Unfortunatelly, on Saturday the wind did not pick up at all forcing the sailors to stay on land.
Sunday seemed a bit more promising and sailors set the sails up early in the morning. All boats made it to the starting line, but the wind was not an ally even this day.
Nikolaos Mavros, European and World champion, and his new, upcoming crew, Periklis Aidinidis are the champions of this year after scoring two 1st places and a 2nd, managing to win the catamaran legends Dany Paschalidis and Konstantinos Trigonis who now stand in 2nd.
In third place is the mixed crew of Maria Tsaousidou, European and World mixed champion, and the talended young sailor Vasilis Varakas, on his first time on the Tornado.
2. Dany Paschalidis – Konstantinos Trigonis
3. Maria Tsaousidou – Vasilis Varakas
4. Petros Konstantinidis – Vagelis Dolianitis
5. Dimitris Veziroglou – Sotiris Giahoudis
6. Panagiotis Tsaggetas – Alexandra Mentekidou
7. Alessandro Stocco – Dionisis Klavdianos