Day Four of the 2012 Tornado European Championships started slowly with very light airs. There was just over the 6 knots required by the class rules to start a race.
As the race progressed the Team Red Bull GRE7 took the lead and it stayed that way with them fighting off the competition across the race course. The wind was shifty and very light in some places allowing for positions to change frequently with one wrong move costing the competitors.
By the end of the first race the wind was fading out as the last competitors finished. The race committee sent the boats back to the shore and called closure on the 2012 Tornado Europeans with Iordanis Pachalidis and Kostas Trigonas winning their 5th European Title in a row.
A big thank you to Warder Sailing Club and the organisers for hosting the class and putting on some great racing.
1. Iordanis Pachalidis & Kostas Trigonas
2. Nikos Mavros & Alexandros Tagaropoulos
3. Roland & Nahid Gaebler
4. Markus Werner Betz & Nikolas Betz
5. David & Adam – Czech Ocean Team
6. Arndt Meyer & Manfred Syrowy
7. Dieter Mauer & Maren Odefey
8. Thomas Weindl & Birgit Klaunig
9. Klaus Rocholl & Sven Rausch
10. Michaela & Andrew Dowley
11. Robert de Held & Joris van de Kreeke
12. Barry Arnison & Nicole Davy
13. Jim Mundy & Kevin Lott